Climate Variability & Change
Working Group CVCWG
CAM6 Prescribed SST AMIP Ensembles
The CVCWG has conducted a number of experiments using prescribed SST and ice forcing within CAM6 using the CESM2.
Details on these ensembles and instructions for how to access the data can be found below.
We kindly ask that you acknowledge the CVCWG when presenting results based on the CAM6 Prescribed SST AMIP
Ensembles in either oral and written form.
This data is available on both the NCAR Climate Data Gateway (web-access) and NCAR's casper system (NCAR-internal).
Location on NCAR's campaign store or on the NCAR machine casper:
The following are step by step directions on how to download this data from the Climate Data Gateway.
- Proceed to the CAM6 Prescribed SST AMIP Ensembles page.
- Scroll to the bottom of that page under Child Datasets, and click on the ensemble you are interested in.
- Scroll to the bottom of that page under Child Datasets, and click on the component and time frequency you are interested in.
- The files are organized by variable, listed at the end of each link. Click on the variable you are interested in.
- Click on the Download Options button. At this point, if you have not logged into the Climate Data Gateway you can do so now. If you have not registered before,
registration is free and quick.
- Upon logging in you will see a file listing. Once you have identified a file that you would like to download, click on the
check box to the left of the file name. Note that you can select multiple files on this page at once. (However, one cannot select/download multiple files across variables at once.) When you are finished selecting files, scroll to the top (or bottom)
of the page and click on the Download Options for Selection box.
- Click the Request File Transfer from Archive, and choose whether to use a Curl or Wget script to download your selected data.