Climate Variability & Change
Working Group CVCWG
CAM5 Prescribed SST AMIP Ensembles
The CVCWG has conducted a number of experiments using prescribed SST and ice forcing within CAM5.2 using the CESM1.1 LENS tag. These
experiments are comprised of a total of four 10-member ensembles forced with different observational SST's and ice, and
one simulation with prescribed SST's and ice from the CESM1.1 Large Ensemble coupled control. Details on these
simulations and instructions for how to download the data can be found below.
We kindly ask that you acknowledge the CVCWG when presenting results based on these ensembles in either oral or written form.
Most simulations are available on both the NCAR Climate Data Gateway (web-access) and the NCAR system casper (NCAR-internal). The F1850C5CNTVSST (AMIP with LENS control sst/ice) simulation is only available via casper access.
- NCAR-internal (access via NCAR machine casper)
- Tropical AMIP 10-member ensemble (ERSSTv3b), and Tropical AMIP 10-member ensemble (ERSSTv5), Tropical AMIP 10-member ensemble (ERSSTv4):
- Global AMIP with prescribed sst/ice from CESM1-LENS pre-industrial control: /glade/campaign/cesm/collections/cesmLE/CESM-CAM5-BGC-LE/
- Global AMIP GOGA 10-member ensemble (ERSSTv4): /glade/collections/cdg/data/CAM_prescribed_SST/f.e11.FAMIPC5CN.f09_f09.hist-rcp85.goga/
The following are step by step directions on how to download this data from the Climate Data Gateway.
- Proceed to the CAM5 Prescribed SST AMIP Ensembles.
- Scroll to the bottom of that page under Child Datasets, and click on Tropical CAM5 Prescribed SST AMIP Ensembles (for tropical AMIP simulations) or
Global CAM5 Prescribed SST AMIP Ensembles (for global AMIP simulations).
- Scroll to the bottom of that page under Child Datasets, and click on the component and time frequency you are interested in.
- The files are organized by variable, listed at the end of each link. Click on the variable you are interested in.
- Click on the Download Options button. At this point, if you have not logged into the Climate Data Gateway you can do so now. If you have not registered before,
registration is free and quick.
- Upon logging in you will see a file listing. Once you have identified a file that you would like to download, click on the
check box to the left of the file name. Note that you can select multiple files on this page at once. (However, one cannot select/download multiple files across variables at once.) When you are finished selecting files, scroll to the top (or bottom)
of the page and click on the Download Options for Selection box.
- Click the Request File Transfer from Archive, and choose whether to use a Curl or Wget script to download your selected data.