CCSM4 CMIP5/PMIP3 Mid-Holocene simulation
A simulation for mid-Holocene conditions at 6ka was performed with the CCSM4 at FV1x1 resolution as part of the Paleoclimate Modeling Intercomparison Project, phase 3 (PMIP3).
Further details on experimental protocols are found here:
- Brady, E. C., Otto-Bliesner, B. L., Kay, J. E., & Rosenbloom, N. (2013). Sensitivity to glacial forcing in the CCSM4. Journal Of Climate, 26, 1901-1925. doi:10.1175/JCLI-D-11-00416.1 (article)
We kindly ask that you reference this paper and acknowledge the PaleoclimateWG when presenting results based on these simulations in either oral or written form.
- b40.mh6ka.1deg.003 (PMIP3 6ka boundary conditions)
- b40.mh6ka.1deg.003M (additional 30 year simulation with high-frequency fields saved)
- Model Version: CCSM4
- Resolution: f09x1,25_gx1v6 (nominal 1o horizontal resolution)
- Years: Varies by simulation
- Ensemble Size: one each
- Time Frequencies Saved: Monthly
Diagnostics for the PMIP3 mid-Holocene simulation can be found here.
- Case Directory: /glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/runs/ccsm4_0
Setup and output data available at NWSC computing storage at:
A selected set of output is available at the NCAR Climate Data Gateway.