CCSM3 Last Glacial Maximu simulations
A Last Glacial Maximum simulation and set of North Atlantic ‘Hosing’ simulations have been completed with CCSM3 at the T42x1 resolution.
Further details are provided in the papers below:
- Otto-Bliesner, B.L., E.C. Brady, G. Clauzet, R. Tomas, S. Levis, and Z. Kothavala, 2006: Last Glacial Maximum and Holocene climate in CCSM3. J. Climate, 19, 2526-2544.
- Otto-Bliesner, B.L., and E.C. Brady, 2010: The sensitivity of the climate response to the magnitude and location of freshwater forcing: last glacial maximum experiments. Quaternary Science Reviews, 29, 56-73.
- Brady, E.C., and B.L. Otto-Bliesner, 2011: The role of meltwater-induced subsurface ocean warming in regulating the Atlantic Meridional Overturning in glacial climate simulations. Climate Dynamics, 37, 1517-1532.
We kindly ask that you reference these papers and acknowledge the PaleoclimateWG when presenting results based on the CCSM3 LGM simulations in either oral or written form.
(a) Blue boxes show location of applied meltwater flux in North Atlantic (NATL) and Gulf of Mexico (GOM) and pink regions show deep mixed layer in lgm control; (b) Barotropic streamfunction in lgm control simulation (Sv).
- b30.100.02 PI control
- b30.104w: LGM control
- b30.104w.ac1: LGM NATL_1.0; includes 500+ year recovery
- b30.104w.ac2: LGM GOM_0.5
- b30.104w.ac3: LGM NATL_0.5
- b30.104w.ac4: LGM GOM_0.28
- b30.104w.ac5: LGM NATL_0.25
- b30.104w.ac7: LGM NATL_0.1 (meltwater to NATL years 400-499; recovery years 500-600
- b30.104w.ac7b: LGM NATL_0.1
- b30.104w.ac7c: LGM NATL_0.1 (branch from *.ac7 at year 490; meltwater years 490-652)
- b30.104w.ac7d: LGM NATL_0.1 (branch at year 652 of *ac7c, meltwater extend to year 903)
- Model Version: CCSM3
- Resolution: T42_gx1v3
- Years: Varies by simulation
- Ensemble Size: one each
- Time Frequencies Saved: Monthly
- Machine: NCAR:
- Additional Notes: here
The CCSM3 Last Glacial Maximum simulations are available on the NWSC computing storage at /glade/campaign/cesm/development/palwg/LastGlacialMaximum/CCSM3.