CESM1 Medium Ensemble
This is a 15 member ensemble of simulations with CESM1 under the RCP4.5 forcing scenario from 2006 to 2100. These simulations can be compared with the CESM1 Large Ensemble and provide the opportunity to compare and contrast climate change under a lower forcing scenario. This ensemble was run as part of the BRACE project.
We kindly ask that you acknowledge the CVCWG when presenting results based on the CESM1 Medium Ensemble in either oral and written form.
- Simulation Names:
- b.e11.BRCP45C5CNBDRD.f09_g16.0XX, XX = 01-15
- Model Version: CESM1.1 Codebase | Documentation
- Resolution: 0.9x1.25_gx1v6 (CESM nominal 1o grid)
- Years: 2006-2100
- Ensemble Size: 15 members
- Time Frequencies Saved: Monthly, Daily
- Compsets: BRCP45
- Reference: Sanderson, B. M., K. W. Oleson, W. G. Strand, F. Lehner and B. C. O'Neill, 2018: A new ensemble of GCM simulations to assess avoided impacts in a climate mitigation scenario. Climatic Change, 146, 303-318, doi: 10.1007/s10584-015-1567-z
This data is available on both the NCAR Climate Data Gateway (Web Access) and NCAR's casper system (NCAR Internal).
- NCAR Internal
Location on NCAR's campaign store or on the NCAR machine casper:
- Web Access
The following are step by step directions on how to download this data from the Climate Data Gateway.
- Proceed to the CESM1 CAM5 BGC Medium Ensemble page.
- Scroll to the bottom of that page under Child Datasets, and click on the component and time frequency you are interested in.
- The files are organized by variable, listed at the end of each link. Click on the variable you are interested in.
- Click on the Download Options button. At this point, if you have not logged into the Climate Data Gateway you can do so now. If you have not registered before, registration is free and quick.
- Upon logging in you will see a file listing. Once you have identified a file that you would like to download, click on the check box to the left of the file name. Note that you can select multiple files on this page at once. (However, one cannot select/download multiple files across variables at once.) When you are finished selecting files, scroll to the top (or bottom) of the page and click on the Download Options for Selection box.
- Click the Request File Transfer from Archive, and choose whether to use a Curl or Wget script to download your selected data.