2021 CESM Tutorial
The 2021 CESM Tutorial will take place 09 - 13 August 2021. This year the tutorial will remain entirely virtual via Zoom due to continued uncertainty about travel related to the global pandemic. During the tutorial week, activities will occur during a 9 am to 3 pm MDT window, which includes breaks in between live sessions. A total of 50 students will be selected and all applicants will be notified by mid May, 2021. The deadline for applying is Monday, 1 March, 2021 at 11:59 PM Mountain Time.
The CESM Tutorial will consist of:
- A mix of live and pre-recorded lectures on simulating the climate system. Students are expected to watch the pre-recorded lectures before the corresponding live Q&A session;
- Pre-recorded practical sessions on how to run CESM, modify components, and analyze the output. During the tutorial week there will be daily live office hours dedicated to help students with any potential problems encountered during the practical sessions. Again, students are expected to complete the practical sessions before the corresponding office hours;
The CESM Tutorial is targeted at the graduate student level (2nd year and beyond), but postdocs, research scientists, and faculty members are also welcome to apply. We are committed to providing equal opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy.
Whatever your intersection of identities, you are welcome at the University Corporation for Atmospheric Research (UCAR). We are committed to inclusivity and promoting an equitable environment that values and respects the uniqueness of all members of our organization.
- Dates: 09 - 13 August 2021
- Location: Zoom https://zoom.us/download
- Registration: Closed
- Video recordings: YouTube Playlist
You can view the recordings and coursework from the 2020 CESM Tutorial as a reference.
If you have questions, please email Elizabeth Faircloth [ firstname.lastname@example.org ]
- Home: Main page for the 2021 CESM tutorial
- Agenda: View the agenda in pdf format
- Announcement: Information about the event and how to apply to the tutorial
- Participants: Participants of the 2021 CESM Tutorial * Coming soon
- Prerequisites: Please complete the following activities to ensure you are prepared for the tutorial
- Coursework: View the sciences presentations and the labs exercises.
- Video recordings: View all the recorded sessions in one YouTube Playlist