CESM1.2: CLM Documentation
The Community Land Model versions 4.0 and 4.5 in CESM1.2.0
are the latest in a series of land models developed through the CESM project. More
information on the CLM project and access to previous CLM
model versions and documentation can be found via the
CLM Web Page.
- User's Guide for CLM4.5 and CLM4.0 in CESM1.2.0 [html] (Last update: Jul/20/2013)
- Technical Description for CLM4.5 (Last update: Aug/ 1/2013)
- Technical Description for CLM4.0, CLM4.0 Urban Model, CLM4.0 Crop and Irrigation Model
- Explanation of supported configurations in CLM4.5 and CLM4 in CESM1.2
- What's new in CLM in CESM1.2 (CLM4.5 release) Science, CESM1.2 (CLM4.5 release) Software, CESM1.1.1, CESM1.1.0, CESM1.0.5, CESM1.0.4, CESM1.0.3, CESM1.0.2, CESM1.0.1, CESM1.0, CCSM4.0 (CLM4.0 release).
- Known bugs in CLM in CESM1.2.0, CESM1.1.0, CESM1.0.4, CESM1.0.3, CESM1.0.2, CESM1.0.1, CESM1.0.
- Known limitations in CLM in CESM1.2.0, CESM1.1.0.
Model output and offline forcing data and diagnostic plots
- CLM4.0 and CLM4.5 offline control simulations: Diagnostic plots
- CLM4.0 and CLM4.5 offline control simulations (links need to be updated and data posted to ESG)): Model output data
- CLM4.0 and CLM4.5 offline control simulations (links need to be updated and data posted to ESG): Model forcing data
- CLM4.0 and CLM4.5 offline historical and RCP simulations: CCSM4 coupler history forcing data
CLM Post-Processing and Analysis Utilities
- CLM Diagnostic Package: Introduction, Code (via svn repository, registration required), and User's Guide
- Multivariate visual analytics tool: EDEN (Exploratory Data analysis ENvironment)
Helps reveal associations among variables for guided analysis (beta version, comments to Chad Steed)
Model Design and Development
- Request Form for Developer Access (active close collaborators only)
- CLM Developers' Guidelines
- CLM4/CESM1.2.0 Code Reference Guide
- Bibliography of papers utilizing and/or developing CLM
(Last update: Jan/29/2016)
- Oleson, K.W., D.M. Lawrence, G.B. Bonan, B. Drewniak, M. Huang, C.D. Koven, S. Levis, F. Li, W.J. Riley, Z.M. Subin, S.C. Swenson, P.E. Thornton, A. Bozbiyik, R. Fisher, E. Kluzek, J.-F. Lamarque, P.J. Lawrence, L.R. Leung, W. Lipscomb, S. Muszala, D.M. Ricciuto, W. Sacks, Y. Sun, J. Tang, Z.-L. Yang, 2013: Technical Description of version 4.5 of the Community Land Model (CLM). Ncar Technical Note NCAR/TN-503+STR, National Center for Atmospheric Research, Boulder, CO, 422 pp, DOI: 10.5065/D6RR1W7M.
- Piao et. al. 2012: The carbon budget of terrestrial ecosystems in East Asia over the last two decades. Biogeosciences, 9, 3571-3586, doi:10.5194/bg-9-3571-2012. (CRUNCEP forcing)
- Lawrence, D.M., K.W. Oleson, M.G. Flanner, P.E. Thornton, S.C. Swenson, P.J. Lawrence, X. Zeng, Z.-L. Yang, S. Levis, K. Sakaguchi, G.B. Bonan, and A.G. Slater, 2011: Parameterization improvements and functional and structural advances in version 4 of the Community Land Model. J. Adv. Model. Earth Sys., 3, DOI: 10.1029/2011MS000045.
- Oleson, K.W., D.M. Lawrence, G.B. Bonan, M.G. Flanner, E. Kluzek, P.J. Lawrence, S. Levis, S.C. Swenson, P.E. Thornton, A. Dai, M. Decker, R. Dickinson, J. Feddema, C.L. Heald, F. Hoffman, J.-F. Lamarque, N. Mahowald, G.-Y. Niu, T. Qian, J. Randerson, S. Running, K. Sakaguchi, A. Slater, R. Stockli, A. Wang, Z.-L. Yang, Xi. Zeng, and Xu. Zeng, 2010: Technical Description of version 4.0 of the Community Land Model (CLM). NCAR Technical Note NCAR/TN-478+STR, National Center for Atmospheric Research, Boulder, CO, 257 pp.
CRUNCEP Forcing (standard for CLM4.5, but can also be used for CLM4.0