2022 CESM Tutorial Announcement
The 2022 CESM Tutorial will take place 08 - 12 August 2022. At this time we are planning to have the 2022 Tutorial in-person, however we are aware there is continued uncertainty associated with the COVID-19 pandemic. Specific details regarding the Tutorial content and format will be posted to the website listed below as soon as they are available. In the case that we are unable to hold the Tutorial in-person we will return to online only format with activities occurring during a 9 am to 3 pm MDT window including live lectures and practical sessions.
The CESM Tutorial will consist of:
- A mix of live and pre-recorded lectures on simulating the climate system. Students are expected to watch the pre-recorded lectures before the corresponding live Q&A session;
- Pre-recorded practical sessions on how to run CESM, modify components, and analyze the output. During the tutorial week there will be daily live office hours dedicated to help students with any potential problems encountered during the practical sessions. Again, students are expected to complete the practical sessions before the corresponding office hours;
The CESM Tutorial is targeted at the graduate student level (2nd year and beyond), but postdocs, research scientists, and faculty members are also welcome to apply. We are committed to providing equal opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy.
- Dates: 08 - 12 August 2022
- Location: Boulder, CO
- Registration: Register Here
- Balance attendees across institutions
- Project descriptions that fit with broader CESM goals and activities
- Preference given to early career graduate students, though we will aim for a mix of graduate students, postdocs, early career research scientists, and faculty.
We very much encourage applications from students from diverse backgrounds of all kinds; whatever your gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, body size and shape, veteran status, and/or disability, you are very welcome here at NCAR. For additional information and resources, please visit the NCAR Diversity, Education & Outreach website.
[ https://ncar.ucar.edu/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion ]