CCSM Chem-WG Workshop March 2009
Dear ChemWG members,
The Spring 2009 ChemWG workshop will be held Monday - Wednesday, March 2-4 2009 at the NCAR Mesa Lab in Boulder, Colorado. Please put it on your calendar! The tentative topics of discussion will include:
- 1. status of CAM4 (joint with AMWG)
2. status of superfast chemistry/LINOZ
3. status of MAM: discuss interaction with photolysis/het. reactions, mods to wet removal
4. aerosol/chemistry in CCSM (joint with AMWG)
5. open discussions: new features/goals
6. open session:
- HTAP/CCMval/AC&C/IPCC simulations
- IPCC emissions
- update on wet removal from J. Neu
- data assimilation
- biogenic emissions: effect of CO2?
- ozone impact on stomatal conductance
- nitrogen emissions
Please note that some sessions will be joint with AMWG, who will also be meeting that week. Also, for those interested, the WACCM working group will meet on Friday (3/6) of that week as well. We will send out a complete agenda closer to the date.
We hope to see you there!
Jean-Francois, Peter, and Michael
The Community Earth System Model (CESM) is a fully-coupled, global climate model that provides state-of-the-art computer simulations of the Earth's past, present, and future climate states.
CESM is sponsored by the National Science Foundation (NSF) and the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE). Administration of the CESM is maintained by the Climate and Global Dynamics Division (CGD) at the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR).