CESM Publication Information
- CCSM Bibliography
- CCSM3 List of Papers for the Special Issue of Journal of Climate
- PhD and Master's Theses using CCM, CSM, and CCSM
- CCSM Acronyms
- CCSM Brochure features information for the general reader, including an overview of CCSM, model accuracy, future plans, research highlights, and model history.
- The CCSM Science Plan (2004-2008) is available in the Project Management section of this web site. Hard copy is also available upon request.
- A special issue of the Journal of Climate, 11(6), dedicated to the CSM Project, was published in 1998 by The American Meteorological Society. Email the CCSM contact to request a copy of this special issue.
- Journal of Climate Special Collection 2010: CCSM4 publications and CESM1 publications (restricted).
The Community Earth System Model (CESM) is a fully-coupled, global climate model that provides state-of-the-art computer simulations of the Earth's past, present, and future climate states.
CESM is sponsored by the National Science Foundation (NSF) and the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE). Administration of the CESM is maintained by the Climate and Global Dynamics Division (CGD) at the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR).