In Development - CESM2
TO DO Description of CESM2
Scientific validation consists of a multi-decadal model run of the given component set at the target resolution, followed by scientific review of the model output diagnostics. All scientifically supported component sets are also accompanied by diagnostic and model output data.
- Experiment Diagnostics
- Experiment Output Datasets on the Earth Systems Grid
- Experiment Case Naming Conventions
- Experiment Output File Naming Conventions
Quick Start Documentation
- CESM2 Quick Start Guide
- CESM2 CASEROOT XML settings
- TODO - Register and Download
- Getting Help - DiscussCESM Forums
CIME - Documentation
- Common Infrastructure for Modeling the
Earth (CIME) User's Guides
Includes CIME, Driver-Coupler and Data Models Documentation
Each model component page contains descriptions and documentation for active or prognostic models.
Component Sets, Model Grids, and Machines
External Library Documentation
- Parallel I/O Library (PIO)
- Model Coupling Toolkit (MCT)
- Earth System Modeling Framework (ESMF)
- * External Python Based Tools
* Support for these tools is currently limited to NCAR machines only!. Access to these external python based tools are being provided to the community via NCAR Github repositories.
Model Input Data
The input data necessary to run all supported component sets is made available from a public Subversion input data repository. Note that the inputdata repository has much more data in it than you need to run CESM ---- DO NOT attempt to svn checkout the whole input data repository. The CIME User's Guide explains how to obtain the subset of input data required for your needs.