Answer-Changing Features in CESM1.2.0
- CAM-SE now uses vertically Lagrangian advection by default.
- CAM5 ne30 tests have answer changes due to a new initial condition file.
- Answer changes due to new default parameter values (temp_init, basal_mass_balance, and sigma; see the "What's new in CESM1.2" section of the CISM documentation for details)
- New code version (glimmer-cism 1.9) results in small changes for all configurations, but should give roughly the same answers as the earlier version
- Compsets using CLM4.5 are a new capability to the system that will change answers compared to similar CLM4.0 compsets for all resolutions and configurations.
- hcru namelists will change because number of processors different.
- Processors for I compsets on yellowstone for f09_g16 will be different.
- f09 1850CLM40CRUCN changes answers because new initial conditions for RTM.
- Some CLM4.0 compsets will change answers because RTM now has new initial conditions.
- cesm1_2_0_n03_scripts4_130520 changes answers for I_1850_CLM45_CN_GLC_CISM1 (IG1850CLM45CN).
- Compsets with CLM4.0 will change answers for f09_g16 CN for 1850 and CRUNCEP ICRU compsets change because they run over different forcing years.
Modifications to effective velocity for the default CLM4.5 compsets will change the amount of runoff in the system.