Answer-Changing Features in CESM1.1
The purpose of the CESM1.1.0 (CESM1.1) release is to make available to the CESM user community model functionality and infrastructure improvements. It is to be used as a code base for new model developments that require this new infrastructure. This release contains no scientifically validated (i.e. supported) component sets. As such, it is not to be used for scientific simulations.
- CAM5 physics
- Mods to mo_setsox to generalize the method for calculating pH value of cloud water.
- Fix to wet radius calculation in the modal_aero_wateruptake module.
- Provide a computed value for the Obukhov length in the cam5 physics package. It was inadvertently left set to zero. This impacted dry deposition calculations.
- Mods in zm_conv to fix some inconsistency in the initialization of hu, and to define su at cloud base using hu.
- Several physics buffer fields declared with the pbuf_times dimension were being incorrectly accessed. This is only a bug for cam5 physics using Eulerian dycore. Note in particular that this affected SCAM.
- All configurations of CAM
- Add missing explicit r8 kind to FORTRAN code.
- New "ngwh" harvest for surface datasets to fix issues in rcp6 and rcp8.5
- land-use change datasets
- Snow history output a bit differently so that you can do a full budget (only changes history fields)
- Bug fix for GLC-MEC virtual columns, ice-albedo change for GLC-MEC
- New surface datasets, initial-conditions and grid (gland5UM) for GLC-MEC
- New datasets for f05, T31 and rcp6/rcp8.5 land-use change (fmax and organic soil high resolution datasets for mksurdata_map)
- Changed default GLC grid to 5 km (previously was 20 km)
- Changed a number of other default CISM configuration settings to produce a more robust ice sheet evolution, especially at 5 km resolution