Answer-Changing Features in CESM1_0_2
The following changes in the cesm1_0_2 tag will result in some cases not producing bit-for-bit results when compared with the previous tag:
- All FV runs at 1/2 deg and higher resolution change beyond roundoff due to a change in the FV div4 filter.
- All WACCM and trop_mozart runs change beyond roundoff due to changes in the lower boundary files for GHGs.
- All historical runs with cam5 physics change answers beyond roundoff due to updating the prescribed GHG dataset to the AR5 version.
- All Eulerian T31 runs change beyond roundoff due to tuning parameter changes.
- All runs with cam5 physics at resolutions different than 1.9x2.5 change answers beyond roundoff due to changes in default tuning parameters.
- All C- and G-compset cases will be different because of the correction to the application of the evaporation-precipitaion factor to both runoff and precipitation fields (cpl bugfix).
- All 2000 compsets will be differenct, because CCSM_CO2_PPMV was changed to 367.0 in these compsets.