POP2 Model Verification Procedure
- Follow these steps to verify POP2 model output.
- 1. Create a new case as instructed in the CCSM4.0 User's Guide under "How to create a new case" using the following options:
- compset C
- res T62_gx1v6
- 2. Run the simulation for 10 years.
- 3. Compare the monthly mean output files to those from the 1° Normal Year Forcing Control which are available on the Earth System Grid (ESG).
- 4. Run the ocean model diagnostics as outlined in the POP2 Post Processing Utilities section and compare to the plots provided on the POP2 "Stand Alone" Diagnostics page for the 1° Normal Year Forcing Control simulation. Note that the map plots are the mean of year 10 only and the time series plots include years 1 to 10.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]