2019 CESM Tutorial Announcement
The 2019 CESM Tutorial will take place 05 - 09 August 2019 at the National Center for Atmospheric Research in Boulder, CO.
The CESM Tutorial will consist of:
- Lectures on simulating the climate system
- Practical sessions on running CESM, modifying components, and analyzing data
The CESM Tutorial is targeted at the graduate student level. We can accept a maximum of 80 students with partial financial support (shared lodging and ground transportation) for some students. We are unable to fund airline tickets or per diem. Whether or not you apply for travel funds has no bearing on the selection process.
- Dates: 05 - 09 August 2019
- Location: NCAR Mesa Lab, Boulder, CO [More info]
- Registration: *Closed 08 March 2019
- Balance attendees across institutions
- Project descriptions that fit with broader CESM goals and activities
- Preference given to early career graduate students, though we will aim for a mix of graduate students, postdocs, early career research scientists, and faculty.
We very much encourage applications from students from diverse backgrounds of all kinds; whatever your gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, body size and shape, veteran status, and/or disability, you are very welcome here at NCAR. For additional information and resources, please visit the NCAR Diversity, Education & Outreach website.
[ https://ncar.ucar.edu/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion ]