CESM Tutorial Announcement
2013 Community Earth System Modeling Tutorial
12 - 16 August 2013, National Center for Atmospheric Research, Boulder, CO
- Lectures on simulating the climate system
- Practical sessions on running CESM, modifying components, and analyzing data
- Targeted at graduate student level
- - Max 80 students with financial support for up to 40 students
- Preference given to early career graduate students, though we will aim for a mix of graduate students, postdocs, and early career research scientists and faculty
- Project descriptions and their fit with broader CESM goals and activities
- Balance attendees across institutions
How to Apply:
- Apply online at http://www.regonline.com/Register/Checkin.aspx?EventID=1169516.
- Application deadline: 01 March 2013.
- Accepted students informed by late April.
- Questions should be directed to Susan Bates. [email]
The Community Earth System Model (CESM) is a fully-coupled, global climate model that provides state-of-the-art computer simulations of the Earth's past, present, and future climate states.
CESM is sponsored by the National Science Foundation (NSF) and the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE). Administration of the CESM is maintained by the Climate and Global Dynamics Division (CGD) at the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR).